This week June’s LEI (Leading Economic Indicator) were released by the Conference Board. This report is a concise statement of 10 of the leading indicators, although there are more, and gives it to us in the form of a percentage move up or down.
These indicators are used to prognosticate the future direction of the economy.
The 10 that the Conference Board uses are:
- Average Length of the Work Week
- Weekly Unemployment Claims
- Manufacturer’s New Orders for Consumer Goods
- Manufacturer’s New Orders for Non-Defensive Capital Goods
- ISM New Orders
- Building Permits
- The S&P500
- Credit Card Index
- Interest Rates Spread on the 10 Year Treasury Minus the Federal Funds Rate
- Consumer Expectations